Friday, December 26, 2008

she bugged me ALL day to do it... so we went....

She wanted to get her ears pierced. We always told her whenever she wanted to go, we'd take her. So I told her we'd go to Wal-Mart and get it done later that day, after Daddy got off work. (Wal-Mart Jewelry is my "piercing place of choice" because I worked for Wal-Mart, and did it MANY times DAILY, and I know they use a smaller guage earring which hurts less and does less damage to the ears/cartilage) Anyway, I sat her down and explained the entire process....

FIRST you'll sit on their Special seat.



Second they clean your ears...



THIRD they put a LITTLE purple dot on your ear to mark where they're going to pierce it...



FOURTH They take the little piercing guns and line them up on the purple dots...(I made sure there were two people to do it, otherwise I know we'd be walking out with one ear pierced...I've seen it many times!! LOL!)



Buddy was a showing her they're about to pierce...


FIFTH...we plug our ears!


SIXTH they'll show you your beautiful earrings in the mirror. (she picked pink flowers)


SEVENTH they'll give you a sucker and a sticker.



OK I didn't say it QUITE tell her that we'd have to "plug our ears" lol! but I did tell her that they will put a hole in her ear but that it wouldn't bleed. (she was worried it would bleed everywhere)
She was really excited to do it...and I REALLY thought she'd chicken out at the last minute. But she did it!! and She LOVES it!! She looks at the mirror about every hour to check them out. My baby has pierced ears!!! *wipes tear*

3 comments:

Just the Five of Us said...

Awww, the pic of her crying breaks my heart! Looks like the sucker helped though! What a brave girl!

Xandi said...

You are sooo smart to have them do it at the same time. Tatum had hers done one at a time and because she was in tears the second time, they screwed it up. We had to go back to another place a few weeks later (after the one hole had healed up some). She was actually better when we went back. She didn't cry and they had to completely make a new hole.

Jenn Hydeman said...

A right of passage....Jillian is SO big now!!!